NAME: Evan Morgan
DOB: January 14, 1982
Location: Deer Lake, NL
Riding Experience: 28 years
Current Ride: 2017 Polaris Axys RMK 155
I was born and raised in Deer Lake, Newfoundland. Deer Lake was established in the late 1800’s during the boom of the logging industry. Today, the town of Deer Lake booms for a different reason; Snowmobiling! For as long as I can remember I’ve always had a passion for the outdoors. My favorite pass times; Dirt biking, golf, fly-fishing, hunting and most of all, snowmobiling allow me to be outdoors and explore new places as much as possible. Another passion of mine (photography) came at a later date. Photography has been the way to capture all of the special moments I spend with my family and friends doing the things I love.
My loving wife Sarah-Lynn and twin girls Sadie and Olivia are my everything. As they grow older I’m excited to pass along my love for the outdoors and share with them the reason’s why I love doing the things I do.
My favorite type of riding consists of exploring new areas with steep, technical slopes and sparse trees. I love to ride for longer periods putting lines together rather than the stop and go type of riding. My ideal day would be a spent with a few of my buds, a few jumps and drops mixed with a lot of boondocking, a few stuck’s and a lot of laughs!
Motorfist, Skinz Protective Gear, Cheetah Factory Racing, Munster Finger Throttles, Frankensled, Race Rubber, Sledworthy Magazine, Deer Lake Home Hardware & Powersports
ACCOMPLISHMENTS / CREDENTIALS
- Sledworthy Magazine Contributer/Writer/Product Tester
- Owner/Operator/Guide – Sledcore Ride Clinics & Tours
- Certified Guide
- AST 1 Avalanche Skills Training Certified
- Emergency First Aid & CPR Certified
- Appearances in Boondockers Snowmobile Films
- Avid Photographer with many published photos. Magazine cover photos include: Sledworthy Magazine, Spawner Magazine, Newfoundland Sportsman & Chasing Silver Magazine.
POWDER or SPRING CORN?
If I had to choose. I’d say a combination of both. Spring – Powder. Nothing beats those warmer, longer spring days after a good dump of spring pow!
WHAT’S IN YOUR KIT?
- Shovel, Beacon & Probe
- First Aid Kit
- Frankensled Trail Finder LED Flashlight
- Spot GPS
- Extra Batteries
- Map & Compass
- Small Fireworks (I use as signaling devices)
- Duct tape
- Electrical tape
- Ty-wraps & rabbit wire
- Tow rope
- Sockets & 3/8” Drive
- Vise Grips
- Waterproof Matches & a lighter
- Extra Balaclava’s
- Extra Gloves
- Extra Goggles
- Camera Gear
- Extra food, usually beef jerky, mixed nuts and a chocolate bar.